Sunday, March 02, 2008

A Fresh Take

I have tired of updating randomly on my mundane life to the few stragglers who are still members of our little blogging network. However, I don't really want to drop the blog altogether, so I am starting a new plan:

Fresh template
Fresh stories
Fresh pictures



The story:

After a particularly trying week, Walker, Sophie June, and I finally had a playgroup at our house last Friday. Yea! for everyone involved because we all needed a little time with someone our own age! 11 am came and went, and no one arrived. Finally, one of the 3 families arrived around 11:15 (which 15 minutes seem MUCH longer to a 2 year old and his mother than a regular person). The others never showed, but that was okay because at least we all had a friend. The older boys were playing outside after lunch, the babies were napping, and my friend and I were eating lunch inside, when suddenly Walker's friend came in and said, "Where's Walker?" I hate that. I went looking and found my little one halfway down the street on his tiny red tricycle! He had opened the door to the garage, climbed in the car, opened the big garage door using the opener in the car, climbed back out of the car, gotten his bike, and headed out. When caught, Walker was quick to explain that we was going "a Target . . . some more soap!"

The pictures:
I am trying to set up a slideshow from our pictures on flickr to run in the sidebar, but I can't figure out how to link the two. For now, here's a video of our little biker.


4 comments:

Stephen, Haley and baby Isla said...

Now I bet Walker wouldn't have gotten into the garage if the sideways door was still there acting as the dog/child barracade!

Seriously - I can't believe he was able to do all that. And I'm glad you found him as quickly as you did!

He's so big, I can't believe it!! Its crazy to hear him talking away on the video! Hope you are all doing well!!

Brenda said...

Thanks for the video. It was great. Are you having fun with your little girl? I can't believe that Emily will be one on Friday.

Auntie Eisel said...

Well, at least you know he had a good reason for going to the store. And a Target no less! You must have been so proud after being scared out of your mind for a couple minutes. :) The video is great!

noelle said...

i like the turning over of a new leaf.
i'm also honored to make it onto the other blogs section.
yessss.