Sunday, May 11, 2008

happy mother's day


the wisest words from my mother...


"Don't worry about what other people are thinking about you. They are too busy thinking about themselves to care about you."


"NEVER run out of food at a dinner party."


"Some of the best theology comes from hymns."


"Don't buy a house for the outside -- you will only see the inside once you live there."


"Add oxyclean to every load of laundry."


"Always work before you play."


"We don't have time not to keep our home neat." (This went hand-in-hand with, "If you straighten your house as you go, you will never have to set aside an entire day just to get your house in order.")


"Cheez-itz and raisins are a the same snack as crackers, cheese, and grapes."


"You've got the same shoes to get glad in."


"You should decorate in odd numbers -- preferably threes."


"You must know the Word to know God, and you must know God to live."


"Chocolate makes your stomach feel better."


"Plan your schedule so that you can be available for your husband whenever he's home."


"You make time for what is important to you; so never use time as an excuse."


"Never let your toilet get a brown ring in it."


"The Flying Nun is a great show!"

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Happy Mother's Day. I can see your mom saying those things. Hope you has a great day.

CrazyUncle said...

The wisest words from Kara's mother that I remember:

Dogs are political: "Get that Jimmy Carter!"

A horse is a horse, of course, of course:"Horses go thruhh."

Man is a mammal:"Mrs. Tobakker, I have a tail."

The importance of a relationship with your father:"My father is a lawyer."

She likes being the center of attention:"I won't be ignored, Rick."

Things that taste good:"You should decorate in chocolates...preferably three"

Good taste:"Let's go eat at Round the Corner so I can order over the telephone at the table."

Really good taste: "I think Randy is the best looking of the Walker boys."

Zachary said...

I enjoyed reading that post, it certainly made me miss your mother. I really enjoyed living there for those few months. Tell her I said Hello!